Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh the Things I will do!

To cover up the mistakes I've made :) Now that I have your attention, it's not as bad as it sounds. Originally the little 4 wheeler I made on the Cricut with the "Going Places" cartridge had orange wheels. It just seemed so plain...so I tried to add some detail with a marker. Not a good idea it turns out.


 Anyone that has tried to lift something attached with foam squares knows it is a pain in the hinney! I sat and stared at it until steam came out of my ears, then a lightbulb appeared over my head :) I cut the 4 wheeler out again, tore the wheels off the diecut while it was still on the mat, punched 2 circles very close to the same size and stuck them to the mat over where the wheels had been, loaded it and hit repeat last! The little blue brads were the finishing touch.


The scalloped frame was made with a Crafters Workshop template used as a mask with Smooch spray ink. I didn't originally make this frame for this layout, it was one I created and then couldn't figure out how to use until now. Journaling at the bottom reads: Only a moment of indecision before you decided this was a cool deal! 12/97

Supplies used: Bazzill cardstock; Basic Grey patterned paper; American Craft letter stickers; Grungeboard "st", chipboard "#1" from a pack by Jo Anns; Fiskars & McGill punches; Making Memories star brads; Marvy Le Plume markers.

Have a happy day and thanks for stopping!

1 comment:

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

I wouldn't of even known it wasa mistake if you hadn't told me :) It looks great. You might be interested in this product I found for lifting stuck down stuf. It's awesome and when you mess up as much as I do, it's a god send :) Yeah it smells a little bit but for the sake of my craft I figure it's worth it! It's called Un-Do and here's a link to it ... http://www.scrapbook.com/products/review.php?m=show&sku=ud-00110

Have a great weekend!