Saturday, February 25, 2012

1st Haircut

A "do it yourself" job. I was stunned to say the least. Sit down on the floor and cry stunned. It took this child 3 years to grow enough hair for her adorable little ponytail. She was bald for the 1st year of her life and I spent every outing repeating "She's a girl" to everyone that said "Isn't he cute!". The child was dressed head to toe in pink and they still thought she was a boy. There was an entire drawer in her dresser just for all the hair pretties I'd accumulated for the day she had enough hair to use them.

She had other ideas. Headbands...nope. Barrettes...nope. Ponytails...she tolerated them, until this fateful day. She ran into the house for a potty trip. When she didn't return in the usual amount of time, I went in to check on her. She was standing in the kitchen with a funny look on her face and a lopsided ponytail. Clueless, I reached up to straighten it and it came off in my hand!!!


Cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: K & Co.; laser cut paper: Anna Griffen; stickers: Crate Paper; letter stickers: Making Memories; chipboard letter stickers: Basic Grey; chipboard: Maya Road; flowers: Petaloo, Prima; punches: E K Success, Martha Stewart; die cutting machine: Cricut, Provo Craft (Birthday Bash cartridge); pen: Sakura; ink: Tsukinenko; adhesive: 3L, Therm O Web, Tombow; sewing machine: Viking; misc: thread, vintage buttons; sketch: Sketchy Thursdays.


It took 2 years to grow it out to a short bob.


This pretty flower and chipboard scissors are part of my tax time loot :)


The banner is cut with the "Birthday Bash" Cricut cartridge. Threaded the little butterfly right onto the twine.

Having a lazy Saturday. Mimi is sick and camped on the couch. Trying to get the mojo going but feeling like a slug today. Wishing I'd stopped and picked up the copy of "Hunger Games" that I won on the way home from work Thursday night from the local radio station. Could be curled up with Mimi reading :) Thanks for popping by and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

DanaMK said...

I love it!!! You made such a traumatic event look so cute and pretty! The banner came out awesome and I love how you threaded the butterfly on to it!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

I agree!! Love how this turned out, such pretty colors and and elements. The banner is the best!!

Ashley Horton said...

Oh the HORROR!! Crossing my fingers...but neither of my girls have done that to date, and hope they don't!! But your page turned out stunning! I really love the banner and the cluster with the cute chipboard scissors!

Steffanie said...

I'm so jealous of you and your girlie pages! They are always just perfection! Well, so are your boy pages!