Monday, April 2, 2012

A Reindeer in a Sea of Santas!

I know it's not anywhere near Christmas but I don't scrap chronologically and these photos cracked me up! They were taken at my daughter's Christmas band concert. Her instructor told them they could bring Santa hats and wear them for the last couple of songs. Mimi and I were shopping a couple of weeks before the concert in Jo Ann's and she spotted these antlers. She never asks for frivolous things so I didn't have a problem saying "yes". I didn't know why they were so appealing until she pulled them out on stage :)


You can't see all the other Santa hats in these photos but there were several. The scrunched up face was in response to her teacher's expression. She said he gave her a knowing smirk. Always the individual, my mini rebel :) I've taught her well!


Can you believe I made this cool flower!? There were no black accents in my stash and I really wanted a large flower. A quick trip to You Tube and a satin flower tutorial later and Voila! It was really easy to make. I'll post a tutorial later this week (my first).


Inked all the edges with chalk ink.



Ahhh...3 days off and boy do I need them. Totally awful day at work yesterday. The sun is shining and birds are chirping (I'll have to ignore the boys in my back yard shooting off firecrackers) and a little gardening is good for the soul. Maybe a lot of gardening will bring me some peace. This is the season for scrapping on rainy days :) I need to think about gearing up for my annual plant sale!


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

such a cute layout and your flower came out awesome. love the story behind your layout too...i love when my daughter does her own thing too.

PattyC said...

Love the flower! Really cute paper choice too! Love the story.

Mary Jo said...

Great story behind the layout and photos as well! :)
Love the design for your page, too!

Hope you have some relaxing days off!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Love this and your daughter is too hillarious! Love the flower, it looks fantastic! Enjoy your 3 days off :)

okanogangirl said...

LOVE the title! Fantastic page!!

Heather M said...

I really like that flower & the large banner piece. Did you make the banner piece too? I know some people make them freehand but I dont know if I could do that.

Ashley Horton said...

I love this fun page Beth and the photos are so cute! The flower is gorgeous and I love the richer, more saturated reds and greens!

craftykellyj said...

I love the layout and love that flower! I would love to see a tutorial on that. I think I have seen one before, but do not remember.