Monday, October 29, 2012

It's a Pirates Life for Me! *Out For Publication*

Matthew's pirate phase lasted about two years. It started in Kindergarten and went through 2nd grade. He was a pirate for Halloween twice. Once in a costume I made him and again in a "store bought" costume. You'll see in these photos that he was wearing it his way...with the collar on the outside. He insisted that this was the way it was supposed to go!

One of the reasons I bought the Wrap It Up Cricut cartridge was for the pirate ship cut. One word... amazing! I've already used the gingerbread house and castle from this one and there are several more I want to use.


This Fancy Pants paper has been in my stash for a couple of years, apparently waiting for this layout :)


Accented with some Jolee's and Recollections stickers. It's amazing what you can do with these little sticker packets. I love taking them apart and using just what I need.


 Check out that motley crew!


The Stone Script Cricut font was suitably piratey.


 I wanted to include as many photos as I could and that didn't leave any room for journaling so I tucked it behind the photo collage.


More stickers, including one from Jillibean Soup.


There were still photos left over from the pinata whacking so a 3rd page was born!


The number diecut is ancient too :) It helped tone down the background paper (I think).


and finally...a treasure chest full of loot, just like the treasure chest pinata! That's my friend Lyn assisting the Birthday Boy. I could (and still can) count on her for party assistance.

Wow, You made it through all that! Guess I'll have to give you a break and save the family update for later in the week :) Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Oh My Gosh, Beth, that Pirate page is absolutely too fabulous!! Love that Pirate ship you layered!! And the number die cut on your second page is such a fun idea!

DanaMK said...

Wowzers! First of all, that pirate ship is amazing! Seriously, just too cute! And the pull-out journalling is fantastic - love it! That treasure chest on the third page is adorable. Seriously, you knocked it out of the park with these ones.