Monday, August 15, 2011

Cards...Why are they so hard for me?

I really struggle with cards. They are so small, no place for all those lovely embellishments :) Now anyone who scraps knows, we cut a lot of paper. Hence  many paper scraps are created. They accumulate until they overflow but they are too pretty to throw away!

My resolution to make two cards with the scraps from every layout quickly fell by the wayside. Now, my designated spot for scraps is so full they won't fit :( So today I made myself sit and make only cards. Poke me in the eye with a needle! After much shuffling of paper and poring over card idea books, I created 6 cards and I'm quite proud of myself :)

The Bo Bunny line "Sophie" was one of my favorites so I had quite a few scraps and leftover chipboard. Used a ticket punch for the title and some of my never ending stash of flowers with tiny button centers.



My friend Leslie, brought some cards to work that she made at a Stampin' Up stamp camp. I used the "Straight from the Nest" Cricut cartridge to create the presents instead of punches. This one is my favorite. The other three were made after it was too dark to photograph them, so I'll have to share them another day.


 Lerita came and took me out for lunch. It was nice to visit with her. We haven't been able to get together as much because of her new job :(  

 On call all day and didn't get called in...Yippee!

 Mimi tried on her closet in preparation for school shopping. Only 3 pair of  her old jeans fit, darn it.

 Matthew came home from 5 hours of football practice with bruises everywhere. I wish I could wrap him in bubble wrap or go to the practice fields and yell at those darn boys to be careful with my baby! Alas...I think he would disown me :}

Eric made yummy lasagna, garlic bread, coleslaw & green beans.

Hope you had a good Monday!
 


7 comments:

Amanda Johnson said...

I really struggle with cards too! I think yours are fabulous though! :)

DanaMK said...

I think your cards look great!!! But I'm like you - I find making cards really tough. I wish it came more easily to me.

Moongirl said...

You should be proud! They are fantastic!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Your cards are beautiful! Anyone who gets one would be lucky!

BabyBokChoy said...

It depends on why you are making cards... I make them to give people to send, uber simple card with as few embellies as possible :) I view it is a way of reducing my scrap stash :) but perserving my precious embellies, lol. Your cards are GREAT! :)

okanogangirl said...

oh but they are beautiful Beth!!!
For me, it's because of the lack of picture and story (yes, sometimes there is a story - but it's about a story not yet experienced (ie the birthday to come)).....

Linda said...

Beth , your cards are wonderful! The perfect use for those beautiful scraps!