Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Scraproom...

Is my favorite place to be. It's full of things I love, has a view of the gardens, a couch to lounge on, and most of all it's all mine! It's really our living room, but I commandeered it. The kids use the "front" room or den (as some call it) as their domain.

Now my scraproom isn't a fancy cabinet and counter filled deluxe model. It is a mish mash of my collections, hand-me-down furniture and furniture lovingly created by my hubby. It's not even finished! By finished I mean that we never finished it when we remodeled many moons ago. That is why I have a lovely 70's fake linoleum parquet on the floor and no trim. Maybe someday we'll finish it...but first we have to get more car insurance. Guess who's turning 16 in October :0


This is the view from the dining room. Notice the aforementioned lovely floor and absence of trim :)


And the view from the front door. Notice Genevieve kitty ensconced on the couch.


My lovely scrap desk. My wonderful husband built it for me with a photo from a Pottery Barn catalog as his guide. It's big enough to have a friend over to scrap comfortably.


These cubes were a clearance find at Jo Ann's and hold my punches, adhesive, glitter, photos, and much more. An antique mirror hangs above.


Underneath are my Artbin containers with chipboard, stamps,and bulky embellishments. The crocks were my Grandpa's and make great trash cans.


The left end has storage for more Artbin and Cropper Hopper containers with ribbon, embossing folders, acrylic stamps and embellishments categorized by holiday and season.


The right end holds card stock, letter stickers, paper scraps and some old albums.


This armoire was also made by my husband and was a happy accident :) It was meant for my daughter's bedroom but wouldn't make the turn up the stairs :S My friend Lerita helped me with the front. The diamond pattern is punctuated with antique buttons.


The inside houses my patterned paper, sewing supplies,rubber stamps, tiny embellishments, paints, glitter glue, chalk inks and much more.

Thanks for staying with me through this photo fest! I'll be back later this week with some more photos highlighting some more of the storage and ideas for re purposing found items :)

4 comments:

craftykellyj said...

Love your room. I can't wait to have my own house so I can have my own room!

DanaMK said...

I love it! Your desk is fabulous and so is all your storage!

VanEvera Family Blog said...

I love your scrap room! It has a lot of light, and your furniture is awesome! LOVE the armoire front with all the photos!

Linda said...

What a fabulous room! I especially love your scrap table!