Monday, June 4, 2012

Our Christmas Tradition *Out for Publication*

Some of my favorite memories of Christmas are the times spent with my husband's family. They welcomed me to their family over 27 years ago and I love them dearly! No mother in law angst here...I loved my first "Mom" in law (she passed away 15 years ago)and when my father in law remarried, he picked a good one the second time too :) I couldn't ask for nicer sisters in law either!

Last Christmas was the first time we celebrated at Mike and Jill's house. Grandpa & Grandma's house has been bursting at the seams for the last few years, especially since three of my nephew's married. Now with grandchildren, the 30 or so of us were crammed in like sardines at Christmas. We even had to forgo a Christmas tree to fit everyone in!

This is a Creating Keepsakes sketch. I love doing their sketches each month. Lots of photos are a must, and this one is no exception.




Punched the banner from Core'dinations paper then embossed with the Cuttlebug and sanded.


Matting the busy photos in white helped separate them from the patterned paper.


Love this photo of my girl :)


Folded the scalloped circles in half and added pearls.

Cut the snowflakes with the Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge then backed with white cardstock.




Fussy cut the journaling spots from patterned paper.


Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful double pager Beth!! I love how you included so many photos and the embossed/sanded banner across the bottom is really awesome! Love the little pearls you added between the banner!

okanogangirl said...

Beautiful! You do such a good job of mixing different thicker fonts together. Perfect details!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A gorgeous Christmas layout...love the multi photos of your family, the sketch, and the sweet comments that you made about your DH's family. I was also blessed to have wonderful inlaws, so sad that they are no longer with us. Thanks for sharing your family tradition!

BabyBokChoy said...

You know, what a terrific take on the sketch!!! Your details are so cute! love that little embossed banner, how precious is it?!!