Friday, July 6, 2012

Party for 2

My daughter is such a pill! Her ability to be silly and mature at the same time is so endearing. She brought this abandoned pinata home from school one day. A week or so later she finished it and I asked her what she was going to do with it. "Hit it Mom" she said, in that "Duh" Mom voice :) The next time her friend Emily came over she asked if they could walk to the store to buy candy. They returned, filled the pinata, proceeded to hang it from the swing set and ...well the rest is obvious. It only took a few whacks and it was over. They picked up the candy and had a sugar fest :)

I wasn't sure how to scrap a pinata whacking without a party ... then this title came to me.


The balloons from the Echo Park Hello Summer collection were a perfect party icon.


Used some brads to hang twine for the banner stickers.


The title was cut from the "Birthday Bash" cartridge and then covered with Glossy Accents.


I love the bright happy prints in this collection. Right up my alley :)

Another day of 100 degree weather in our forecast. I can't remember a hotter or dryer summer! My plants are suffering and there isn't going to be much of a harvest from the vegetable garden. Only the tomatoes and peppers are doing well :( The weeds are definitely winning.

Mimi and I are going to brave a trip to the mall for necessities. Have a great day and try to stay cool!


3 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

That is such a funny story Beth!! I love the bright colors on this page and the way you arranged your photos!! And the banner with the twine is very cute!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

I love your daughters fun spirit! I really like your layers and bright colors...another neat layout!

Linda said...

What a fun page! Love all of the layers and textures!