Wednesday, September 5, 2012

HMS Art Fair * The ScrapRoom*

We R Memory Keepers Hall Pass is the featured second half of The ScrapRoom's September Doubleshot Kit. Love the colors in this line! The kit is full of cute brads and versatile wooden buttons, and baker's twine.


When I saw the bracket diecut in the kit I immediately thought of a layout I'd done for a sketch challenge at Club Creating Keepsakes. "Big Smile" was chosen to be published in the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine. This time I changed it up a bit, using different photos sizes, changing the title and journaling placement, then creating a banner to span both pages.



As seen in the January/February 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group.




Went for an artsy look with some splattering and used spray ink on the wooden buttons


and then did some dry brushing


Created the badge by layering punches and a fabric brad. Turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself :)


Stitched the centers from the border punch to create the banner.


Now the journaling.

Pop by later this week for yet another layout using the WRMK Hall Pass line. Love to see your comments :)

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

I mean it, your two-pagers are so so so impeccable!!! I so so so admire them!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome layout Beth!! Love how you changed up the published one, with a few new touches!! The banner across both pages is so, so cute!

okanogangirl said...

I love the way you painted and anchored the title - and the title itself, love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your two page layouts! Great page elements!!