Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Easter Bunny Was Here!

This particular year he was at our church and left dozens of plastic eggs right out in the open! Matthew was all of 2 1/2 and Mariel was 6 months, my how the time flies. These photos were taken with the cruddy camera I had at the time. Every single background I took with this camera is DARK :( No amount of Photoshopping will help, believe me I've tried. I decided I would just scrap them anyway and make the best of it. 

Most Easter paper is light and pastel, not really what is needed for these pics. Miss Caroline by My Minds Eye seemed a good fit. Used a sketch I found on the Scrapbook Trends submissions site.


This was one of those layouts that I fussed and fussed over and just didn't like. Finally called it done and gave up. I decided it's because the paper is just too light for these dark photos. Unfortunately nothing else in my stash seemed appropriate for Easter photos.


This sweet little bunny is from the Kate's ABC's Cricut cartridge. Layered and accented with Prima paper flowers, Doodlebug & Kaiser Kraft pearls, marker and Glossy Accents.


 Used (come on, you know what comes next...) Thickers! 


Accented with some Little Yellow Bicycle  leaf pins and Crate Paper diecuts.

Hope you had a great weekend! It was rainy and cold here. Gave me an excuse to scrapbook :) Spent today with two of my favorite friends and our kids. First we visited the local antique mall and shops, then we went to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green." Loved it! Sobbed through the end. It's a good thing I nabbed extra napkins, my friends both needed them too :) The kids just couldn't see why we were so emotional. You just can't appreciate the feelings it invoked unless you've been a parent. I'm not Roger Ebert but I give it 4 stars!





4 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Beth, I think this mix of papers looks great with your photos!! The background isn't too, too dark, but it makes the pics stand out against the cute pastels! I know we can be critical of our own work, but I think this one is totally cute and would have never thought the photos were too dark!! :)

The Sonboul's said...

This layout is darling and I love the two different fonts in your title. So cute!

BabyBokChoy said...

I adore that little bunny! What a cute layout! I hope you submitted it!!!

Anonymous said...

This layout is pretty! The pics and the papers work well together. :)