Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Inspiration *thinkingthroughdesign*

Our topic for this weeks' thought was list journaling. Boy am I list maker! Grocery lists, lists to guide trips for errands, lists of what the kids need for school, dream lists and I could go on. Lately I've fount that I tend not to use embellishments with sayings on them, they just sit in my stash untouched. This one from My Minds Eye begged to be used and I was dying to scrap this photo of my beautiful daughter (can you believe she is 13 going on 14!?) from a recent "photo shoot".


Stuck with a very traditional style because I wanted the photo to be the focus.

  
 
Used Pink Paislee canvas resistables. Antique tatted lace and buttons I found in an antique stores. I love combing through all the little nooks and crannies for treasures like these.


Journaling done on a Hambly screen printed transparency. This led to the layout being staged on a display stand, every time I tried to photograph it flat it created a glare.

I hope you take my link right over to *thinkingthroughdesign* and check out all the amazing layouts my team members created using lists! Thanks for stopping by :)

P.S. The surgery went well. Pretty painful the first day but getting better.
 


2 comments:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Gorgeous! I love the color combination on this one...so pretty! Also, all of the layering and addition of the lace on the border, so clever! BTW, your daughter is beautiful! Hope you are feeling better!

okanogangirl said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I simply adore the trim that you applied to be the perfect touch to this MME line!