Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Magic *The ScrapRoom*

No. Not Magic Mike. Christmas magic. The magic you feel when you see the Christmas tree lit up for the first time each year. When I was little I would lie on the couch or on the floor in front of the tree and stare at it for hours. I can't resist taking photos of the tree each and every year. This was the year of the mirrors.

It started the year before when I decided the wall in the front room would look really cool covered with antique mirrors. I have a wonderful friend that loves to frequent auctions and estate sales. He loves to scour the corners for cool items and doesn't mind looking for my collectible of the moment. I requested oak mirrors with beveled edges and one year later, voila! A wall of mirrors! Imagine my delight when I turned the lights down to gaze at my tree and this gorgeous view appeared :)


This layout is one of the rare ones that didn't start with a photo. When I pulled out my Flavor of the Month Kit from The ScrapRoom and saw this paper, I knew immediately what photo I wanted to use.
The birds are fussy cut so that the photo and mat slide underneath. Doesn't it appear as if the birds are looking at the tree too?!


A little spray ink with some "magic" masking to help it stand out.


The brads included in the kit are so beautiful. I love the vintage feel of this collection.


I hope you feel the magic too!

1 comment:

Moongirl said...

I love the whimsical look of this page! You did a great job making it magical