Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dress Up...or Not!

So much work went into these dresses. French seams, delicate lace around the edges, and an adorable headband for Mimi. Ready just in time for Easter. But when I tried to dress her...it was all "No you are not!". She kicked and screamed the entire time. Not sure if she opposed the fact that it was a dress or this dress. She finally gave in to her mother's superior will (and power), a moment I'm not proud of. Who makes their kid wear something she doesn't want to wear? A Mom who worked like the dickens...that's who!


This making Memories patterned paper has been in my stash forever! Sorry for the glare on the photos, having trouble lately taking pics without it :(  Used a Becky Fleck Pagemap for this layout.


Doesn't she look innocent, hard to believe she was kicking and screaming a few minutes before :)


It's  fun to play with girly, lacy, frou frou stuff sometimes, but I'm ready to go back to my more traditional style now. I think I'm cutesied out! Oh, and a quick note about vellum...it moves when you try to sew it down. I ended up with a ripple and had to add the paper with the heart border punch to cover it up.

Really sad that my long spell off of work is almost over. Not looking forward to the 4 twelve hour days to come. If we are lucky, maybe all the pregnant ladies will be too full to come to the hospital :) Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

okanogangirl said...

GORGEOUS page!!!! I am going to have to lift this one.

Amanda
www.lovejoypaper.com

BabyBokChoy said...

Well, thank you for working during the holidays to care for pregnant ladies!!!! :) What a sweet and pretty layout. Your ability to layer embellishments is just so evident!! love the look! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!