Tuesday, November 8, 2011

There's Nothing Like a Good Friend!

Emily and Mariel have been friends since they were born :) I have pictures of them when they were a year old playing in the leaves. My BFF Lerita and I were pregnant together and delivered about 6 weeks apart. I love how they can go weeks without seeing each other yet it's like they've never been apart when they are back together. Just like Lerita and I!

We had an impromptu photo shoot right before we went shopping with the girls at Plato's Closet. Plato's Closet is a resale shop for teens and Mariel's favorite place to shop. I wish I'd taken my camera along, they were so cute trying on all their sassy selections. Mimi kept forgetting to hold her door when she came out to show what she was trying on, then the door would shut and lock. After the sales girl had to unlock it for the 3rd or 4th time, we made her start climbing under the door :) A pretty funny sight since the gap was barely tall enough for her to slip under. She came home with a pair of jeans, several shirts, a sweater jacket, a hoodie, earrings and a couple of necklaces all for $65. All brand names and some of the items still had the tags on them!


Used "Indie Bloom" by Basic Grey, it matched their outfits perfectly and has that boho, youthful feel I was going for :) Misted over a laser cut paper by Reminisce with smooch ink to create the background.


Traced around the title to make it more visible.


Prima center on punched flower, used a pencil to recurve the petals.


Cut the big petals with the Sizzix, crumpled, inked and layered with a Basic Grey felt flower.


Used lots of Distress ink to grunge it up.

A little brighter and busier than my usual but I'm mixin' it up ladies! Have a great day :)

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

What a beautiful page Beth!! I love that you used bright, girly colors, but added the touches of black for a little grunge feel. The argyle pattern you created is great and I love the yellow Thickers with the black pen outline!!