Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So happy to see the sun!

Starting to get spring fever and think about what I have to accomplish this year in the gardens. The front bed on the southwest side has to be completely reworked. My arch enemy...crabgrass, has invaded along with those pesky grapevines! I'm going to beg off the garden tour and devote my time to doing all the things I should have done last year. AFTER the plant sale of course :)

Completed a new layout last night. I was going for a grungy yet girly feel and I think it's mission accomplished.  I wanted it to represent Mimi's down to earth, likes to get dirty side and her girly, pretty side too. Used Distress ink and a can lid & glass to make the circles then grunged up the sides with a dauber. I like the contrast of the grunge with the bling. If you look closely you will see the embellies mimic her shirt and the title has paint splatters on it. Tell me what you think! Required to remove :)




Cardstock: Stampin' Up; patterned paper, rubons: Glitz Designs; letter stickers: American Crafts; glitter stickers: KI Memories; gems: Heidi Grace(circles), flowers(Basic Grey); flower: Recollections by Micheals; acrylic stamp: Autumn Leaves; ink: Ranger, Stazon; acrylic paint: Plaid Enterprises; pen : Sakura; adhesive: Tombow, 3L.

No comments: