Thursday, September 29, 2011

Silly Little Mystery Bird

This past Spring as I worked around the yard, I kept hearing strange sounds. sometimes the mewing of a kitten and sometimes the melodious song of a bird.  I  spent a good amount of time wandering around the yard looking for the lost kitten, only to come up empty. One day I caught a glimpse of a nondescript little bird flitting around in the underbrush.  Try as I might I couldn't keep her in sight for more than a few seconds.

After a couple weeks of trying to get a better look, I gave up. Then one afternoon there she was! I ran in to get my camera for a better look. When I returned she was sitting in the same spot as if to say "You can take my picture now". Like she had decided I was harmless.

For several weeks thereafter, she would seem to stop and pose for me! I spent quite a while trying to identify her and finally decided she was a Catbird. Silly me, now I know where the little lost kitten went :) I watched her busily gather insects and return each time to the corner by the bittersweet vine. Probably the home to her nestlings. I never did figure out where her nest was hidden.

Once again inspired by a sketch from Sketch Support.


Basic Grey paper and stickers, American Craft letter stickers (no really), KI Memories puffies, Jillibean Soup journaling spots, K&Co. brad.


Used a Fiskars heart punch and EK Success scallop punch to make this flower.


Martha Stewart border punch.


Sorry I cut off the journaling. TFL!

Home on a low census day and hoping to get some scrapping done. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Moongirl said...

What a great story and a beautiful LO!

Moongirl said...

And I love the Mystery font!

Ashley Horton said...

This is so pretty Beth! I love the pinks & greens and the different size photos you used!

okanogangirl said...

Beautiful page! I love the way you made the flower from hearts.

Linda said...

Beautiful layout, Beth! And, your embellishments are fantastic. Glad you got to document this story!

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

As always Beth, another great layout! I love all the little details! Especially your flower!

BabyBokChoy said...

You know this makes me smile after reading about your family's germs :) It's a super cute layout, so delicate! :)